TV SERIES REVIEW
Genre: Horror, Mystery
Year Released: 2021, 2022 (Second Sight standard edition Blu-ray)
Runtime: 1h 24m
Director(s): Prano Bailey-Bond
Writer(s): Prano Bailey-Bond, Anthony Fletcher
Cast: Niamh Algar
Where To Watch: Standard Edition Blu-ray is available for pre-order now, releasing on October 31, 2022, www.secondsightfilms.co.uk/collections/latest-releases/products/censor-standard-edition
RAVING REVIEW: One of the most intriguing horror films that I’ve seen in some time. Thanks in large part to the fact that I love movies about movies.
This was a brilliant, well-done, and genuinely creepy film while being a slow burn. I’ll be the first to admit that slow-burn horror isn’t usually my favorite film genre. I appreciate a few, but I tend to gravitate toward the more stylized modern slashers—this one combined psychological horror elements with the elements of a classic horror film.
A film is extra special when the story is about cinema in general. Especially when it covers such a weird time in film history; the “video nasty” era was an intriguing period, and to work such an exciting and mostly believable story around it was a fun idea.
We get a combined magic mix of excellent writing, directing, acting, and cinematography for a complete experience. If you get the chance, check this one out, I think it’s severely underrated as a whole; you can’t go wrong with anything from Second Sight!
- Brand New audio commentary by Director and Co-Writer Prano Bailey-Bond and Executive Producer Kim Newman
- New audio commentary by Prano Bailey-Bond, Director of Photography Annika Summerson, Editor Mark Towns, and Sound Designer Tim Harrison
- New audio commentary by Kat Ellinger, Lindsay Hallam, and Miranda Corcoran
- My Own Nasty: a new interview with Prano Bailey-Bond
- Penning a Nasty: a new interview with Co-Writer Anthony Fletcher
- The Censor: a new interview with Actor Niamh Algar
- Nasty Images: a new interview with Annika Summerson
- I'm Cutting It: a new interview with Mark Towns
- Nasty Sounds: a new interview with Composer Emilie Levienaise-Farrouch
- The Making of Censor, featuring cast and crew interviews
- Nasty: a short film by Prano Bailey-Bond
- Deleted Scenes
- Enid's Gaze: Alexandra Heller-Nicholas on Censor
- Screening Q&A with Prano Bailey-Bond and Emilie Levienaise-Farrouch hosted by Jed Shepherd
- Prano Bailey-Bond in conversation with BBFC Compliance Officer David Hyman
- My Nasty Memories by David Gregory
- Ban the Sadist Videos! Part One & Two feature-length documentary
- English subtitles for the hearing impaired
For more reviews and my YouTube channel, please visit linktr.ee/Overlyhonestmoviereviews
Follow me on Instagram, Letterboxd, Twitter, and YouTube. Find my social media accounts on most platforms simply by searching Overly Honest Movie Reviews.
I’m always happy to hear from my readers; please say hi or send me any questions about all things movies.